Packers honor community volunteers
GREEN BAY (WLUK) - The Green Bay Packers honored ten community volunteers with "Give Back Awards" on Tuesday.
Each Packers Give Back Award winner was recognized for their work in the community and was presented with a $2,000 grant for his/her non-profit group during an event at Lambeau Field.
One of the volunteers, Tara Steinhorst, the president and co-founder of Colton's Cure Foundation, a non-profit that helps families with children battling cancer in Green Bay, says it's a huge honor.
"Specifically because Colton, who was our son, loved the Packers; that was his favorite organization. And it’s just really meaningful to know that we are making a community impact here in Northeast Wisconsin and all over Wisconsin," Steinhorst said.
The winners of the 2018 Green Bay Packers Give Back Awards and their affiliations are:
- Sean Dumais of Kronenwetter – Crossroads K9 Rescue Inc., Kronenwetter
- Janet Kleist of Waukesha – Hope Center Inc., Waukesha
- Barbara McWilliams of Kewaunee – Violence Intervention Project, Inc., Algoma
- Maureen Oldenburg of De Pere – Friends of Pals Youth & Families Inc., Green Bay
- Tom Olejniczak of De Pere – New Community Shelter, Inc., Green Bay
- Bill Satterlee of Greendale – American Red Cross – Greater Milwaukee Chapter, Milwaukee
- Kathy Sliwka of De Pere – Volunteer Center of Brown County, Green Bay
- Cara Steiner of New Holstein – Lakeshore FIRST Robotics, St. Nazianz
- Tara Steinhorst of Green Bay – Colton’s Cure Foundation, Green Bay
- Zeta Turriff of De Pere – Neville Public Museum Foundation, Green Bay