N.E.W. museums offering free admission to military personnel and families
(WLUK) -- A dozen museums in Northeast Wisconsin will offer free admission for active duty and military personnel and their families this summer.
The museums are part of more than 2,000 museums and zoos across the country participating in Blue Star Museums, an initiative to offer free admission to military families from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
The 12 museums are:
- Paper Discovery Center in Appleton
- Children's Museum of Fond du Lac
- National Railroad Museum in Ashwaubenon
- Neville Public Museum in Green Bay
- The Automobile Gallery in Green Bay
- Manitowoc County Historical Society in Manitowoc
- Wisconsin Maritime Museum in Manitowoc
- Weis Earth Science Museum in Menasha
- EAA Aviation Museum in Oshkosh
- Military Veterans Museum and Education Center in Oshkosh
- Oshkosh Public Museum
- Paine Art Center and Gardens in Oshkosh
“Visiting a museum is a great way to get to know a community—whether it’s in your hometown or a stop on a road trip,” said National Endowment for the Arts chairman Jane Chu. “We appreciate the enthusiasm of museums all across the country who open their doors for military and their families to spend time together and have new arts experiences.”
Free admission is available for those currently serving in the United States Military - Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard as well as Active Duty and Reservists, National Guardsman (regardless of status), U.S. Public Health Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps, and up to five family members.
Members must show a valid military ID.