Baby rescued from Menasha apartment fire dies


    Crews are on scene of an apartment fire at 127 1st Street in Menasha, September 6, 2018. (WLUK/Mike Moon)

    MENASHA (WLUK) -- A baby rescued from an apartment fire last week has died.

    The 18-month-old boy died Monday night at the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Wauwatosa, Neenah-Menasha Fire confirms.

    The apartment building at 127 1st Street is considered uninhabitable after Thursday's fire.

    About 12 people were inside the apartment at the time of the fire; four had to be pulled out by firefighters, including the baby.

    Officials say the cause of the fire was an older child playing with a cigarette lighter.




    News In Photos

      Loading ...