Dog dies in Bellevue trailer home fire

Bellevue Trailer Fire (WLUK/Tim Flanigan)

BELLEVUE (WLUK) - The Brown County Sheriff's Department says fire crews were called to a trailer home just before 10 p.m. Monday.

The fire happened at Parkview Properties on the 1300 block of Bellevue Street.

A smoke detector woke up the homeowners. They were able to get themselves and one of their dogs out of the house safely. One dog did not make it out of the house.

Crews were able to control the fire within 30 minutes, but they stayed on the property for an additional three hours to inspect the damage and check for hot spots.

No one was injured.

Officials say the trailer house and a detached garage are both a total loss. The fire caused $90,000 worth of damage.

The Bellevue Fire and Rescue Department is still investigating.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending