No one injured in fire near Shiocton

A fire occurred near Shiocton Saturday Morning (WLUK/Christopher Schattl)

TOWN OF LIBERTY (WLUK) -- A house caught fire west of Shiocton on Saturday morning.

According to the Outagamie County Sheriff's Department, crews were called to W8790 Lower Road at 6:04 a.m., where there was smoke coming from the garage.

Firefighters put out the fire, and kept it contained to the garage area.

"There was a charger for a weed-wacker plugged into the wall. And we believe that started it, and as the plastic melted, it started a garbage can, which had a quart of oil on sitting top of it and from there it proceeded to burn," said Eugene Bunnell# Shiocton-Bovina fire chief.

Officials say one person was in the house at the time, and was able to escape the house with no injuries.

There is still no word on how much the damage cost.


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending