FOND DU LAC (WLUK) -- Firefighters say a home fire extinguisher was key in preventing the spread of a fire on a porch.
Fond du Lac Fire Rescue says it was called to 229 Ellis St. just after 4:30 p.m. When firefighters arrived, they found a smoldering fire on an open porch, which they put out. The occupants of the home had already used the fire extinguisher on it.
No one was injured and the building was cleared for the residents to continue living in.
The fire's cause remains under investigation.