Fire at Bay Towel Saturday morning

Ashwaubenon Public Safety (WLUK file photo/Gabrielle Mays)

ASHWAUBENON (WLUK) -- It is still unclear how a fire started at Bay Towel early Saturday morning.

At 12:25 a.m., the Ashwaubenon Public Safety Department was called to a fire alarm going off at Bay Towel. Upon arrival, firefighters saw heavy smoke, and found the fire in an area of suspended laundry bags that were attached to a conveyor system. They quickly put out the fire, and ventilated the building of the smoke.

No one was injured in the fire, and damage is estimated at $5,000.


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending