The Blind Horse helps you think outside the box this Thanksgiving
KOHLER (WLUK) Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away!
Still looking for ideas about what to serve for your guests? Think outside of the box! The folks from The Blind Horse in Kohler have some ideas to share.
Executive Chef, Brent Davis, and Master Winemaker, Tom Nye, joined FOX 11's Emily Deem on Good Day Wisconsin to fire up the grill, and get people ready for the upcoming holiday.
- Click the video to watch the segments
Dijon Encrusted Lamb Chop with
Goat Cheese and Sage Polenta
Yield: 1 appetizer for two
6oz Bone in Farm 45 lamb chop
2oz Dijon mustard
1/2 oz Chopped thyme
1/2 oz Chopped parsley
TT Fresh cracked pepper
1. Turn grill on to high heat.
2. Season lamb rack generously with salt.
3. Grill lamb on both sides until desired temperature. (recommended medium rare 135F)
4. Allow enough time for the meat to rest.
5. Once grilled, rub lamb with Dijon.
6. Finish by adding herbs and cracked peppercorn.
7. Slice and serve with polenta.
1C Dry polenta
2C Vegetable stock
3C Whole milk
1T Unsalted butter
2T LaClare Farm's chevre cheese
1T Chopped sage
2 tsp Chopped chive
TT Cracked black pepper
8. Start medium size pot on medium high heat, add vegetable stock.
9. As stock begins to simmer, sprinkle in polenta while whisking with wire whisk.
10. Once the polenta begins to absorb, slowly add in milk.
11. Continue to stir, for at least 20 minutes.
12. Once the polenta has absorbed all the liquid, finish with butter and cheese.
13. Finish adding in herbs and seasoning.
14. Serve alongside the lamb chops.
Ice Wine Martini:
1 shot Ice Wine and 2 shots vodka