ASHWAUBENON (WLUK) -- Rachel and Emily are ready to sweeten up your Valentine's Day with a festive Super Spectacular Segment!
Rachel crafted, and Emily whipped up a sweet snack.
Butterfly treat bags for Valentine’s Day
Pipe cleaners (aka Chenille stems)
Valentine’s candies. (Rachel used the Pink, White and Red M & M’s.)
Strawberry Valentine’s Day Snack
*6 cups Rice Chex cereal
*1 bag of whites chocolate baking chips
*1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil (you can use shortening, or butter)
*1 box of Strawberry Instant Pudding (depends on the brand, but make sure it’s pudding and not gelatin, this can be optional)
*A couple drops of red food coloring (optional)
*Strawberry Extract (optional)
*Pink, Red sprinkles
1. Measure out Chex cereal into a large bowl.
2. Pour chocolate into a small glass dish. Add 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil -- this will help the chocolate coat the cereal easier. Microwave for :30, stir, repeat about 2 more times until chocolate is smooth.
3. Once chocolate is smooth add 2-3 drops of red food coloring. This would be the time to add the strawberry extract (couple drops) and 1/2 tablespoon of pudding mix if you would like.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture over the Chex cereal and stir gently to coat.
5. Transfer cereal mixture to a large piece of wax paper. Sprinkle with MM&M’s and Valentines sprinkles, if desired.
6. Let cool to set. Break pieces and store in an airtight container to save.