Local photographer captures magical moments with Santa
GREEN BAY (WLUK) -- Photographer Roxanne Knight has been creating magical holiday memories for her clients and their families with special Santa Sessions. She joined Rachel Manek on Good Day Wisconsin to talk about how the sessions work and to show off some of the final results.
Knight is already booking Santa Sessions for 2019. In the meantime she shares the following tips for anyone hoping to capture the perfect pic.
1. Get candid – give your subjects something to do. Over the holidays, capture decorating cookies, hanging Christmas tree lights, reading your favorite book to your children. Be intentional on capturing those moments that you would like to savor forever.
2. Be ready - Bring a camera with you always. Your smartphone can take beautiful photos, anticipate what is going to happen. Keep your eyes open for the unexpected. Be ready when Grandma and Grandpa or another family member walk in. Capture those hugs! Look for the unexpected in the ordinary!
3. Add light - a lamp, street light, or even someone else’s smartphone flashlight app. Getting light in someone’s eyes is what brings a photograph alive.
4. Get close - Emotion and connection are what draw you into a photograph. Hold hands, look at each other, make silly faces, anything to get a genuine laugh or interaction!
5. Print it big - Your own loved ones make the best artwork you can have on your walls. Having digital files on your phone is nice to share but surrounding yourself with your favorite memories is what makes your house a home.
For more information on Roxanne Knight Photography click here.
Knight is currently booking 2019 Santa Portrait Sessions for Wednesday, November 27th & Friday, November 29th.
Contact: 920.366.2424 or email@example.com.