ASHWAUBENON (WLUK) – Need some new recipes to wow your guests this weekend for the big game?
How about serving up some New England inspired dishes?
Chef Ryan Nolan, from Mahoney's Restaurant and Bar, joined FOX 11’s Emily Deem on Good Day Wisconsin to share some recipes.
Mahoney's Restaurant and Bar is located at 30 Wisconsin Street in Oshkosh.
Contact them at (920) 230.3737
Pan Fried Clam Bacon Fritters
Canola oil as needed
8oz chopped clams well drained
1 egg + 1 additional yolk
1 cup clam juice
1/2 cup whole milk
1 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups flour
2 oz. shredded muenster cheese
4 oz. chopped cooked bacon
pinch salt and pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, clam juice, and milk together.
2. Whisk in the old bay, flour, and baking powder. Whisk until smooth.
3. Fold in the cheese, clams, and bacon.
4. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. In a large sauté' pan heat 1/2" of oil to 350F
6. Using a teaspoon, spoon the fritter batter into the hot oil. Be sure the fritters aren't too fat or the fritter may come out raw in the middle.
7. Once the bottom side is golden brown flip the fritter over and continue cooking.
8. Once the entire fritter is browned and has fluffed up a bit, remove from heat and place on paper towel to dry.
9. Serve with lemon wedges and either cocktail or tartar sauce.
Mini Lobster Rolls
3 tbsp. minced celery
2 tbsp. minced shallot
3 tbsp. minced pickle
1/2 lemon zested
2 1/2 cups (12oz) cooked lobster
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp dried tarragon
Old Bay Seasoning as needed
mini French rolls as needed
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the shallot, celery, pickle, lemon zest, Dijon, mayo, and tarragon.
2. Fold in the cooked lobster.
3. Slice the mini rolls in half lengthwise.
4. Spoon about 2-3 oz. on to the bottom of the roll, lightly dust with Old Bay Seasoning as desired.
5. Place the top on the lobster roll and repeat.