Door County Cherry Stuffed French Toast with Cherry Moscato Rum sauce
French Bread stuffed with a Door County Cherries soaked in rum & Wisconsin Cream Cheese, dipped in a French Vanilla & Cherry Cream Custard, grilled to a golden brown, then finished with powder sugar, homemade whipped cream. Cherry sprinkles and Dark Chocolate Cherry covered Cherries
Door County Cherry Stuffed French Toast with Cherry Moscato Rum Sauce
INGREDIENTS QUANTITY PROCEDURE
French Bread Loaf 1 loaf Butterflied
Whipped Cream Cheese 12 ounces Softened
Dried Montmorency Tart Cherries (Cherry De-Light) 8 to 12 ounces Soaked in rum or any dried cherries
Rum 1/4 cup for dried cherries
French Toast Batter
Eggs 6 large Good eggs
Heavy Whipping Cream 1/4 cup Or milk
Madagascar Vanilla Paste 2 tablespoons Or regular vanilla extract
Ground Cinnamon 2 tablespoons
Nutmeg 2 teaspoons
Brown sugar 1/4 cup
Cherry Juice (Cherry De-light) 2 tablespoons Optional
Cherry Moscato Sauce
Moscato Wine 1 cup Reduced by half
Cherry Juice (Cherry De-Light) 1 cup Reduced by half
Dark Rum 2 tablespoons optional
Dark brown sugar 2 tablespoons Or regular sugar
Directions for the French Bread
1. Using a serrated knife slice french toast bread 1 inch almost all the way down, then slice another inch all the way through. Repeat this process. (You should get about 6 French toast). Open the bead up like a butterfly and spread a generous layer of cream cheese inside both sides of the French bread. Then place berries inside making sure there spread out nicely. (Manage the berries making sure you don't run out). You should have just enough for 6 to 8.
Directions for the for the Cherry Moscato Rum Sauce
2. Add the Moscato wine, rum, cherry juice and sugar. Reduce by half and allow cooling. The sauce should have the consistency of syrup. Note: If the sauce is to runny heat it back up and add a little cornstarch slurry which would be 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of cherry juice. Set aside in a squeeze bottle or small bowl until ready to serve
Directions for the Batter
3. In a medium shallow bowl whisk the eggs well. Add in the cream, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg brown sugar & cherry juice.
4. Dip each piece of bread one at a time in batter making sure to let the batter drips of the bread. Place French toast in heated pan with 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat and fry for about two minutes on each side or until a nice caramelize color is present. Note: You can also receive these results using a flat top griddle.
5. Remove French toast from skillet or griddle and place on a sprayed baking dish. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until your desired doneness.
6. Plate Presentation: Cut French toast in half in the center of a large plate. Top with whipping cream then sprinkle with Cherry De-Lite) Cherry Sprinkles & Almonds over the whipped cream and sprinkle some of the remaining cherries over the cream. Place another French toast offset then top with whipped cream. Top with blueberries. Drizzle sauce all over French toast and love and enjoy what you just created.
Chocolate Kahlua Dream Pie with Madagascar Crème Fraîche & Dark Chocolate covered Door County Cherries
Make 1 pie for 8 to 12 slice servings
INGREDIENTS QUANTITY PROCEDURE
Granulated Sugar 1/2 cup
Whole Milk 1 cups
Heavy Whipping Cream 1 cup
Kahlua Liquor 3 tablespoons Optional
Egg Yolks 4 large
Cornstarch 3 tables
Salted Butter 1 tables. Melted or at room temperature
Madagascar Vanilla Paste 1 tablespoon Or any real vanilla extract
Chocolate Chip Morsels 1/4 cup Semi-sweet you can also use white chocolate
Pre-made pie shell 1 Fully baked or wafer crust
Crème Fraiche A.K.A. Homemade whipping cream
Heavy Whipping Cream 1 1/2 cups
Powdered Sugar About 1/4 cup You can add more for your sweetest tooth
Madagascar Vanilla 1 tablespoon
Cherry Sprinkles & Chocolate ( Cherry Delight) As needed Our your favorite toppings for garnish, optional
Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries (Cherry De-Light 1 to 3 per slice Optional
Directions for the pies shell:
1. Roll-out pie shell in a pie plate. Crimp the edges and polk small holes in the center area using a knife to keep from bubbling up. Brush the entire pie crust with a mixture of 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water. This is your egg wash.
2. Bake in a pre-heated oven on 375 until golden brown. This should take about 12 to 15 minutes. Set to the side and begin making the cream filling.
Note: You have to be the judge on when the pie dough is done, so when it looks golden brown it's done!
Directions for the Cream Filling:
1. In a large heavy saucepan or pot on a medium heat, dissolve half of the sugar into the milk and cream. Cook for about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add in the Kahlua and chocolate. Continue cooking for about another 2 minutes, stirring consistently. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk the egg yolks and the remaining sugar until combined. Add the cornstarch and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
3. Temper the egg mixture with about half of the hot cream mixture and mix well. Stir the warmed egg mixture back into the remaining cream mixture and return to a medium heat.
4. Whisking vigorously, allow the cream to cook until nice and thick, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the butter and mix until well combined.
5. Remove from the heat and allow the cream mixture to cool slightly. About 3 minutes. Pour immediately into a fully baked pie shell and allow cooling for about 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature. This will allow carry-over cooking and allow the pie to begin to set.
6. Cool in the refrigerator until it is cool enough to wrap tightly with saran wrap. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight for best results. I find a good 6 to 8 hours is about what it takes for maximum firmness.
Directions for the Whipped Cream: Using a kitchen aid or electric hand mixer, whip 1- 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream until you get soft peaks. Add 1/4 cup of powder sugar and 1 tablespoon of Vanilla. Whip the cream until peeks are stiff. Refrigerate in an air tight container until ready to serve or serve. Will hold for about 6 to 8 hours.
Presentation: Cut the pie into 8 or 10 slices and place on a dessert plate. You can either cover the pie with the cream then cut or you can put the cream in a piping bag and pipe out nice portions center of the slice. Garnish with whipped cream, Cherry Sprinkles & Chocolate & a few Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries.