Over the last 6 days, we have seen a historic stretch of record-breaking warmth in Green Bay and across much of Northeast Wisconsin in general. Here's how it has played out:
- 52 on Friday, Feb 17th. Tied record high of 52 set in 1981
- 57 on Saturday, Feb 18th. Broke record high of 50 set in 1981
- 57 on Sunday, Feb 19th. Broke record high of 55 set in 1981
- 53 on Monday, Feb 20th. One degree shy of record high
- 59 on Tuesday, Feb 21st. One degree shy of record high
- 65 on Wednesday, Feb 22nd. Broke record high of 58 set in 1931, and also broke the overall monthly record for February, which was 61 on Feb. 26th in 2000
This stretch of 6 days has not only been the longest stretch of 50+ days on record in February, but also warmer than any other 6-day period of February days on record in Green Bay.
No matter what way you look at it, there is no other stretch of weather on record that compares to the warmth we've just seen.
And naturally, right on cue, our weather completely flips by the time this weekend arrives.
Skies will be partly cloudy tonight with lows in the mid 30s.
Tomorrow will see partly sunny skies and cooler air starts moving in. The high reaches 44-- still very warm for this time of year, but much cooler than the past few days.
Thursday night we become overcast and the winds pick up out of the northeast with the approach of our next storm system. Lows drop to around 30 degrees and snow is possible late.
Friday will start as snow for many of us before switching to a wintry mix for most. The Northwoods may see all snow throughout Friday. Highs reach the mid 30s. Expect strong winds out of the east-northeast.
Friday night that wintry mix changes back to snow with lows in the mid 20s. Winds remain stiff out of the north-northeast.
Saturday will be cloudy and breezy with some lingering light snow showers that gradually taper off. Highs will be in the upper 20s.
Details are still coming together for this event and the FOX 11 Meteorologists are tracking this WeatherMaker and will update the situation, so please check here often.
Sunday we can expect partly cloudy skies and highs in the low 30s.
Today's Record Temperatures