National Spoil Your Dog Day
(WLUK) -- Americans really love their dogs.
How do you spoil your dog? Share with us your photos and videos of your pooch getting pampered:
According to a recent national survey, 73 percent of U.S. dog owners say they give frequent gifts to their dogs.
And with Aug. 10 being National Spoil Your Dog Day, dog owners have another reason to reward their four-legged family members.
NationalToday.com's Pampered Pooch Survey revealed the top five ways Americans spoil their dogs:
- I give my dog a special treat (60 percent)
- I tell my dog, "I love you." (49 percent)
- I buy or make a special gift for my dog (36 percent)
- I post photos of my dog all over social media (30 percent)
- I include my dog in special activities (25 percent)
The survey also listed the top five most dog-loving states based on how regularly dog owners in each state engaged in loving behaviors with their dog:
- New York