FOX 11 Town Hall: Sex Trafficking in Northeast Wisconsin
(WLUK) -- FOX 11 is shining a light on the dark world of sex trafficking.
Watch an hour-long roundtable discussion on sex trafficking.
The FOX 11 Town Hall event was moderated by FOX 11 Investigates reporter Robert Hornacek. He was joined by a panel of experts including:
- Colleen Stratton – Sex trafficking survivor
- Sgt. Matt Wilson – Brown County Sheriff’s Department
- Brian Russo – Co-founder, Eye Heart World
- Dawn Spang – Outreach director, Eye Heart World
- Joe Pullen – AIM program facilitator, Christ the Rock Church
- Brad Russ – Director of National Criminal Justice Training Center, Fox Valley Technical College
The program will be broadcast at 9:30 p.m. Dec. 1 on FOX 11.
Some of the topics that addressed were:
- What is sex trafficking?
- How does it impact our communities?
- How does law enforcement approach these cases?
- What is being done to assist people forced into sex trafficking?
- What is being done to stop people from trying to buy sex?
- What are some of the myths associated with sex trafficking?
If you or someone you know is a victim of sex trafficking, officials say you should contact your local law enforcement for immediate help.