A Wisconsin State Journal report Wednesday says 44-year-old Joseph Awe is satisfied with the deal.
Awe was convicted of burning down a bar he co-owned with his wife in 2006. Experts hired by Mt. Morris Mutual Insurance Co. of Coloma testified that electrical malfunction was not the cause. A fire marshal then declared the fire arson.
But on appeal, experts for the defense said the fire was caused by a faulty electrical system. A judge agreed, saying the previous investigators used a now-discredited method to reach their conclusion.
Mt. Morris attorney Terry Johnson did not immediately return a message Wednesday seeking comment.