Cambria collecting donations for victims
CAMBRIA (WLUK) -- The community of Cambria is collecting a number of items to help the families and victims of a corn mill explosion last week.
Items most needed:
- Feminine hygiene products
- Paper towels
- Gas Cards
- Small and medium sized boxes for packing food and goods
Donations can be dropped off at the Cambria-Friesland School, 410 East Edgewater Street.
A number of other communities and businesses are holding fundraising events this week.
- Hurts Donut of Middleton created a special donut in honor of the Didion families. All proceeds from the sale of this donut on Wednesday, June 7 from 6:00 a.m. until midnight will be donated to the Didion Benefit Fund to help the families of Didion Milling.
- Culvers in Deforest will donate its proceeds to the Didion Benefit Fund from sales on Tuesday, June 6 from 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Carol’s Cones and the Pardeeville Fire Department are hosting a brat fry and ice-cream sale at Carol’s Cones 215 North Main Street, Pardeeville on Saturday, June 10 from 10:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. All proceeds from the sale will go to the Didion Benefit Fund for the families of Didion Milling.
- Saturday, June 10 the Cambria Park Committee is holding a silent auction during their June Tournament at Cambria Tarrant Park with all proceeds from the silent auction going to the Benefit Fund. Donated items for the silent auction can be dropped off at the Cambria Village Office at 111 West Edgewater Street, Cambria.
A fund has also been set up at the National Exchange Bank in Cambria to donate to the families. Funds can be mailed or dropped off at:
Old Mill Foundation Didion Benefit Fund.
National Exchange Bank,
118 West Edgewater Street P.O. Box 338
Cambria, WI 53923