It turns out her mischievous dog had it all along.
Lois Matykowski, of Stevens Point, was eating Popsicles two weeks ago when she noticed her granddaughter's was gone. Her dog, Tucker, was smacking his jaws. The 10-year-old mutt the family calls the "food burglar" had struck again, swallowing it whole.
But the snatched food soon came back up. Two days later, Tucker vomited again. It wasn't a Popsicle stick.
Matykowski tells WAOW-TV she went to clean up the mess and found her missing ring in the 10-year-old mutt's vomit.
Her veterinarian says the Popsicle stick may have dislodged the ring inside his belly.