MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Town of Kaukauna house fire

Kaukauna Fire

KAUKAUNA ( WLUK) -- Firefighters spent several hours in the frigid temperatures, Tuesday night, putting out a house fire.

It happened at 9:15 at a home on Grenier Road in the Town of Kaukauna.

The fire started in the chimney, and moved into the attic.

No one was hurt.

The residents are now staying elsewhere, as there was too much damage done to the home.

Volunteers were set up at the nearby town hall with hot chocolate and other items to help keep the firefighters warm.

Fire Chief, Kurt Vanderloop said, "We have it contained now, everything is going pretty well. The cold is a major factor right now but we’re getting through it."

He goes on to say, “With it being below 0 degrees, it makes for very difficult firefighting. Lines are freezing up. You see guys walking in here with ice covering their bodies and they can’t move their hands because their gloves are frozen. It just makes everything very difficult.”

The Town of Lawrence, Town of Wrightstown, Freedom, Center and Oneida all assisted in putting out the fire.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending