GREEN BAY - The Green Bay Area Public School District has released the surveillance video of an Aug. 8, 2014 fire in the Preble High School gymnasium.
Firefighters have determined the fire started when rags that were used to clean up some of the products used to resurface the gym floor and that spontaneously combusted in a plastic garbage can early in the morning.
The fire caused significant damage to the gym. Smoke damage spread throughout the school through the building's ventilation system.
The school will not be ready for the scheduled start of classes Sept. 2, district officials say.