Gas leak contained in Two Rivers
TWO RIVERS - The Two Rivers Fire Department responded to a call for a gas leak Saturday morning.
It happened at the intersection of 18th Street and Monroe Street just before 8:30 a.m.
Officials say the construction company made the call when a natural gas line was severed while crews were digging with a back hoe.
When crews arrived, approximately 40 households in a two-block perimeter were immediately evacuated.
Several agencies were dispatched to the scene, and WPS was notified to secure the leak.
Officials say gas detectors are on scene and the leak has been repaired. Some WPS customers lost service and relights are being done by crews.
People are advised to call the WPS customer hotline at (800) 450-7280, should they feel they smell any gas or are experiencing any issues as a result of this incident.
No one was injured in the incident.