MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Garage catches fire in Appleton

File photo. (Image courtesy MGN Online)

APPLETON (WLUK) -- Fire officials say an unattended propane cooking appliance in the garage of a home is to blame for a fire in Appleton.

The garage caught fire just before 6 p.m. Sunday on the 1500 block of West Grant Street.

When fire crews arrived, they saw smoke and fire.

Officials say they managed to put out the fire and most of the damage happened in the garage.

"Crews did encounter low visibility inside structure and were able to confirm all occupants had exited home. In addition fire crews ventilated and overhauled finding no extension," officials said.

Seven people were inside the home but not hurt. However, they were unable to stay inside the home.



Trending