MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Extreme cold causes problems for firefighters in GB

House fire on GB west side on LaCount Road 1-2-18 (Courtesy: FOX 11)

GREEN BAY (WLUK) -- Two people were forced from their home after an overnight fire in Green Bay.

The fire broke out shortly after 12:30 a.m. Tuesday at a home on LaCount Road, on the city's west side.

The fire broke out in the basement, but there is smoke damage to the first floor.

Officials say the fire started near a wood fireplace.

No one was injured.

The bitter cold caused some problems. The closest hydrant was frozen.

The cold also created extremely icy conditions.

Officials say there is about $70,000 in damage.

Trending