MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Apartment fire sends two to the hospital

Ambulance file photo (Image courtesy MGN Online)

SHAWANO (WLUK) Two people were transported to the hospital Wednesday after an apartment fire in Shawano.

Shawano police and fire were called to 118 Prairie Street in the City of Shawano for a report of a fire.

When officers arrived they found smoke coming from a ground floor apartment and saw two citizens assisting the lone occupant out of the apartment that was on fire.

The two officers helped the citizens remove the occupant outside to safety then went back into the building and evacuated the other residents from the apartment complex.

The fire department found a stove on fire and were able to quickly knock down the fire.

According to the fire department the 68-year-old occupant of the apartment fell asleep while cooking food on the stove.

The 68-year-old and another resident from another apartment were transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and caused approximately $3,000.

The fire department was on scene for about two hours and all residents were able to return to their apartments within an hour.


Trending