Hey peeps! Rachel and Emily share sweet treat ideas for Easter
ASHWAUBENON (WLUK) – Hey peeps!
Rachel and Emily want to get you ready for Easter with some sweet treats!
Easter Nest Treats
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 10-ounce bag of marshmallows
- 6 cups of crisp rice (or rice krispies)
- Edible grass TIP: If you can’t find edible grass just dye shredded coconut green!
- Robins egg candies
- Melt the butter over low heat and stir in the marshmallows. Continue stirring until completely melted. Takes about 10-15 minutes
- Pour melted butter and marshmallow mixture into separate bowl
- Add food coloring if you like to make the nests a different color
- Pour the mixture over the crisp rice cereal and stir until well combined.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and shape the nests. I found it helpful to put butter on your hands (no joke, butter is your friend!) and use it to help make the indents.
- Let them sit for in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- After they more firm, take out nests, top with edible grass and fill with the robins egg candies.
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 to 5 packages of Peeps, mix and match colors to your liking
- Graham crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds, or in a pot over medium heat until warm.
- In a medium skillet, evenly spread out chocolate chips. Pour warmed whipping cream over the chips. Arrange Peeps in a colorful pattern atop.
- Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
We'd love to see videos and photos of your Easter egg or basket hunt! Share them here: