APPLETON - GingeRootz Asian Grille in Appleton is kicking off 10-days of celebration today to say thank you to its loyal customers.
The restaurant opened in 2004 and has been name Small Business of the Year by the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce. It was one of 10 award recipients of the Make Mine a Million Business Award.
The festivities from Aug. 18-27 are as followed:
- Aug. 18: A reintroduction of the newly remodeled patio. Guests will enjoy complimentary appetizers on the patio from 3 - 6 p.m., which has doubled in size.
- Aug. 19: Sumo wresting – Kids and adults will be able to try their hand at sumo wrestling outside of GingeRootz. The family-style menu will feature items equivalent to what sumo wrestlers eat on a daily basis.
- Aug. 20: Zodiac – The Chinese zodiac signs play a large role in the dining experience at GingeRootz. This event will feature separate menus to reference each zodiac sign to the dish or drink as well as its significance.
- Aug. 21: Korean BBQ – Guests will have the opportunity to grill their own meal, ordered off the feature menu.
- Aug. 22: Sushi – Chef Lang and Linda will create new rolls exclusive to this event.
- Aug. 23: Dim Sum – A very important part of Chinese culture, dim sum is a selection of small appetizers where the family gathers around to have a light breakfast to start their busy day. Though these are breakfast-style items, they will be offered for lunch and dinner.
- Aug. 24: Jade Day – Celebrate feature dishes from the old restaurant the Ng family ran prior to the creation of GingeRootz. Tony and Julia, Doris and Alice’s parents, ran Jade Restaurant for nearly 17 years, and for the girls growing up in the business, Jade was the introduction of their restaurant/hospitality career. There will also be a Chinese Lion Dance performance.
- Aug. 25: Bento Box – A common Japanese lunch, the Bento Box has an array of small samplings of dishes allowing guests to sample a variety of items without the worry of ordering too much. GingeRootz will offer three to five Bento Box selections throughout the day.
- Aug. 26: Shabu Shabu – Also known as Japanese fondue, Shabu Shabu will be another engaging event for guests to cook their own meal as well as create their own flavor and broth.
- Aug. 27: VIP Dinner – After attending two or more of the above celebratory events, guests will be entered to win a place at the VIP dinner. Selected diners will be wined and dined by GingeRootz from 5-7 p.m.
FOX 11's Pauleen Le spent the morning checking out the festivities.
For more information on GingeRootz Asian Grille, click here.