CWY: Tuna Steak Tacos and Nutella Ice Cream
ASHWAUBENON - This week's Cooking With You guest is Trevor LaRene of Green Bay!
Trevor joined FOX 11's Emily Deem to make some great summer dishes.
Click here to learn more about Trevor's Podcast.
Click here to learn more about Trevor's Blog.
Tuna Steak Tacos on Cabbage/Lime/Jalapeno Slaw
1 tuna steak, approximately 1 inch thick
The juice of 1 lime
- Combine juice and spices in a shallow dish.
- Lay the tuna steak on the sauce.
- After 10 minutes, flip over.
- Prepare a non-stick skillet over med-high heat.
- When hot, spray with cooking spray.
- Remove steak, blot dry, and place in skillet.
- Turn after 1-2 minutes.
- Steak is done in another 1-2 minutes.
- Slice it into ¼ slices.
½ cup sour cream
2 tablespoon mayo
The juice of one lime
The zest of one lime
1 bag of pre-shredded cabbage
1 fresh jalapeno, minced
4-6 green onions, sliced, white and green parts
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together first four ingredients
- Mix in the cabbage, onion and jalapenos
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- This is better if you make it one day in advance.
Assemble the tacos:
Take soft wheat tacos, place slaw on it, and top with 2-3 slices of tuna. Garnish with lime juice or salsa verde.
Nutella Ice Cream
1 pint (500 mL) heavy whipping cream
1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Approx ¾ cup (250g) Nutella, at room temperature
- Place mixing bowl in freezer until cold.
- Pour cream and vanilla in bowl.
- When the cream starts to get a little foamy (less than 1 minute) start adding the Nutella, one helping tablespoon at a time.
- Mix thoroughly after each Nutella addition.
- When fully mixed, freeze for 2 hours (it will be soft-serve consistency) or 4 hour or more (for hard ice cream.
- Serve this is small bowls. It is VERY rich.
- I like to garnish with a dusting of instant coffee, or toasted coconut.