Suspects in Milwaukee $5M violin theft out of jail
By Associated Press
MILWAUKEE (AP) - The two suspects accused in last month's theft of a $5 million Stradivarius violin are out of jail.Online court records Tuesday said a $10,000 cash bond was posted for 41-year-old Salah Salahadyn and a $500 cash bond for Universal Allah.[caption id="attachment_4502" align="alignleft" width="300"] In this undated photo provided by the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra is the 300-year-old Stradivarius violin that was stolen from MSO concertmaster Frank Almond. (AP Photo/Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra)[/caption]Both men were charged last week with being a party to robbery. A court commissioner imposed the higher bond on Salahadyn because he has a lengthy criminal record that includes art theft.Prosecutors say Allah provided the stun gun used to attack and rob violin virtuoso Frank Almond. The criminal complaint says Salahadyn had been plotting to steal a Stradivarius.Allah's defense attorney, Paul Ksicinski notes the complaint says his client wasn't at the robbery scene.Salahadyn's public defender, Alejandro Lockwood, did not immediately return a message Tuesday.
WLUK FOX 11 is your source for Balanced News and Severe Weather Coverage for Appleton, Shawano, Sturgeon Bay, Kewaunee, Two Rivers, New London, Bonduel, Pulaski, Suamico, Menasha, Neenah, Shiocton, Ashwaubenon, Algoma, Mishicot and Wrightstown.