For the first time in a long time Neenah is not in the top spot of this week's FOX 11 Top 11 boys basketball rankings.
After suffering a 52-51 loss at Oshkosh North last week, the Rockets lost their undefeated record and the top spot. However, it's not Oshkosh North, the team which opened the season at No. 1, that replaces Neenah.
North went on to lose to Appleton North last Friday, so the Spartans won't return to the top spot. Instead, it's Seymour, which was No. 3 last week. The Thunder is the third team to be ranked No. 1 this season, and has won 12 straight games.
Meanwhile, Neenah drops to No. 2, North is No. 3 and N.E.W. Lutheran and Roncalli remain at No. 4 and 5, respectively, this week.
One team left the poll as Ripon dropped out and was replace by West De Pere, which check in at No. 10.
- Only one team remains perfect in the area, Lourdes Academy. The Knights had their biggest conference test of the season last week when they beat Central Wisconsin Christian, 63-57. Lourdes faces CWC one more this season.
- While Bay Port fell one game back in the FRCC race with a loss to Ashwaubenon last Friday, but don't sleep on the Pirates in the postseason. After a 4-4 start, Bay Port 7-2 under coach Nate Rykal. The Pirates won't be an easy out in the Division 1 playoffs.
- Seedings will be released this weekend for the postseason. Among the brackets to look at is Division 2 where Seymour, Ashwaubenon, Pulaski, West De Pere, Xavier and Kaukauna are all in the same bracket.
Here is this week's poll:
1. Seymour (17-1): Thunder two points shy of a perfect season. Last week: No. 3.
2. Neenah (16-1): Rockets suffer first loss of season to Oshkosh North. Last week: No. 1.
3. Oshkosh North (16-3): Spartans surprised as Appleton North tops them. Last week: No. 2.
4. N.E.W. Lutheran (18-1): Blazers have clinched share of Packerland title. Last week: No. 4.
5. Roncalli (18-1): Jets have clinched share of Olympian Conference title. Last week: No. 5.
6. Lourdes Academy (18-0): Knights can smell the perfect regular season. Last week: No. 6.
7. Pulaski (15-3): Red Raiders still hanging in FRCC race. Last week: No. 9.
8. Ashwaubenon (16-3): Jaguars tied atop of FRCC thanks to Kyle Monroe heroics. Last week: No. 10.
9. Peshtigo (16-1): Bulldogs have big game Tuesday at Wausaukee. Last week: No. 11.
10. West De Pere (13-3): Phantoms back on solid ground after tough two weeks. Last week: unranked.
11. Laconia (18-2): Spartans perfect conference season ends with loss to Kettle Moraine Lutheran. Last week: No. 8.
Dropped out: No. 7 Ripon (13-4).
On the doorstep: Valders 16-3. Xavier 14-4, De Pere 13-6, Kaukauna 14-5.
Follow Doug Ritchay on Twitter @dougritchay