The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 19 from 5 to 6 p.m. at the Brooklyn Town Hall, N5988 County Road A, Green Lake. Mashuda Contractors, Inc. of Princeton will provide information regarding the planned construction activities, the construction schedule and traffic impacts. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at (715) 421-8380 at least three working days prior to the meeting.
The $13 million reconstruction of WIS 23 is scheduled to begin as early as April 1.
The WIS 23 improvement project includes:
- Reconstructing WIS 23 from West Junction County A to County PP, Green Lake County
- Reconstructing WIS 23 from County PP to Arcade Glenn Road, Fond du Lac County
- Intersection improvements at WIS 23/49/County A
- Intersection improvements at the west intersection of County A/North Street and WIS 23
- Relocating North Lawson Drive on the south side of WIS 23
- Widening and redecking the Puchyan River bridge
- Constructing a section of the multi-use path from Green Lake Conference Center to North Street
- Removing and replacing the Silver Creek tributary box culvert
- Constructing the Silver Creek box culvert extension
Motorists can expect the following traffic impacts:
- April through July 2014. WIS 23 (between WIS 49/County A and Arcade Glenn Road (Ripon)) will be detoured via County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49. This detour will be in place until July 2014.
- August through November 2014. WIS 23 (between WIS 49/County A and North Street (Green Lake)) will be detoured via WIS 73, County K and County A.
- Motorists may encounter daytime single lane closures and flagging operations on WIS 49/County A during intersection improvements.
- Local access to properties and businesses located on the project will be maintained.
- The WIS 49/County A intersection will remain open to traffic, but with a four-way stop during all stages of construction.
- WIS 23 will be closed within the work zone for construction of the Silver Creek box culvert replacement and the Silver Creek box culvert extension for no more than 21 calendar days. Access will be maintained to S. Koro Road.
- The Puchyan River Bridge will be closed within the work zone for approximately two months (September and October 2014) for widening and redecking.
The entire project is scheduled for completion in November 2014. The start date and construction schedule is dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction status.
The project will be paid for with a combination of federal, state and local transportation funds.