County leaders say, while they cannot provide propane to people, they can forward the information to state authorities to help determine the scope of the problem.
County officials say the official response has been aimed at low-income citizens and propane dealers; however, they recognize other citizens and small business owners may not have a safety net to help them through the situation.
The survey is available online and by phone. County officials recommend taking the survey online because the phone call could be lengthy.
Before taking the survey, be prepared to provide the following information:
• Name of owner and address of affected residence/business, including street, city and zip code.
• Municipality (Town, village, city)
• Telephone number you can be reached at
• Will the LP in your tank sustain you until it can be refilled?
• Have you been in contact with your propane vendor?
• What arrangement to you have with the propane vendor (no contract, pre-paid contract, contract to fill as needed but not pre-paid)?
• Name of your propane vendor
• Do you have a plan if you need to leave your home/business?
• Do you know how to winterize your home in the event you have to leave (drain pipes, etc.)?
• Are you receiving Energy Assistance or Keep WI Warm Funds?