Green Bay Packers radio announcer Wayne Larrivee and former Badgers player Mike Kelley will be on the call for a Wisconsin-centric broadcast of the game on truTV. It's part of an experiment by Turner Sports and CBS to produce "hometown" telecasts of the two national semifinal games.
The national broadcasts will still air on TBS. Jim Nantz and Clark Kellogg will handle those telecasts.
Each "teamcast" will be a unique production with its own TV truck, producer and director. Four additional cameras will offer team-centric angles, and each will also have its own replays, graphics (in team colors) and halftime show.
Network executives ideally would have wanted to hire local radio announcers for the broadcasts, but they knew that was unlikely because of the commentators' responsibilities to call the Final Four games for their radio employers.
Here are the rest of the homer broadcast teams:
- Rob Bromley (UKTV)
- Rex Chapman (Kentucky basketball, 1987-88)
- Dave Baker (UK/IMG, WKYT)
- Eric Frede (CSN New England)
- Donny Marshall (UConn basketball, 1992-95)
- Swin Cash (UConn women's basketball, 1999-02)
- David Steele (Orlando Magic)
- Mark Wise (Gator Basketball Network)
- James Bates (Florida football, 1993-96)