The Fox River Classic Conference, Bay Conference and Fox Valley Association all could have outright conference champs or have teams share the title.
In the FRCC, Ashwaubenon and De Pere each have two losses, while Seymour leads West De Pere by one game in the Bay and Neenah leads Oshkosh North by one game in the FVA. Among the races, the Bay is the most interesting because Seymour hosts West De Pere on Thursday.
Last year, West De Pere swept Seymour en route to the league title so now the Thunder wants payback.
Meanwhile, Ashwaubenon (13-2 FRCC) has a difficult game Thursday at Pulaski (12-3), which is one game back in the FRCC race. De Pere (13-2) plays Green Bay East, which is 3-12 in the conference.
In the FVA, Neenah (15-1) hosts Fond du Lac (4-12 FVA) and plays at Oshkosh West (5-11), while North (15-2) plays at Kaukauna (10-7) on Thursday.
In the area’s three biggest conferences nothing has been decided. It should be a fun finish.
- The FRCC this season has four teams with at least 11 conference wins – Ashwaubenon, De Pere, Pulaski and Bay Port – but after that the other eight teams could all finish at .500 or worse. Sheboygan South is 7-7, while Sheboygan North and Green Bay Preble are 7-8 and Notre Dame is 6-8.
- Roncalli is two wins away from an 18-0 Olympian season, but has two challenging games this week, hosting Chilton (10-6 Olympian) and playing at Brillion (12-4).
- Lourdes Academy (20-0) is two games away from a perfect regular season and plays at Valley Christian (0-16 Trailways North) and hosts Central Wisconsin Christian (13-3) this week.
Here is this week’s poll:
1. Seymour (19-1): Thunder looking to put finishing touches on regular season this week. Last week: No.1.
2. Neenah (19-1): Rockets in position to lock up the FVA. Last week: No. 2.
3. Oshkosh North (18-3): Spartans get No. 3 seed in the playoffs. Last week: No. 3.
4. N.E.W. Lutheran (18-1): Blazers still perfect in the Packerland. Last week: No. 4.
5. Roncalli (19-1): Jets undefeated in a competitive conference. Last week: No. 5.
6. Lourdes Academy (20-0): Knights only area team with possibly 22-0 regular season. Last week: No. 6.
7. Pulaski (17-3): Red Raiders can at least spoil Ashwaubenon’s FRCC title hopes. Last week: No. 7.
8. Ashwaubenon (17-3): Jaguars hope to enter playoffs on a positive note. Last week: No. 8.
9. Peshtigo (19-1): Bulldogs win big game at Wausaukee, still perfect in the M&O. Last week: No. 9.
10. West De Pere (17-3): Phantoms not giving up on Bay title yet. Last week: No. 10.
11. Laconia (19-2): Spartans a No. 1 seed for the postseason. Last week: No. 11.
—Dropped out: None
—On the doorstep: Valders 17-3. Xavier 16-4, De Pere 15-6.
Follow Doug Ritchay on Twitter @dougritchay