ASHWAUBENON - Our next Cooking With You guest is Kathy Foster from Wilderness Springs Trout Farm near New London!
Kathy joined FOX 11's Emily Deem on Good Day Wisconsin to create some tasty trout inspired dishes!
Click here to learn more about Wilderness Springs Trout Farm.
Pecan Crusted Trout
- 2 Trout filets
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Honey
- ½ cup ground pecans (approx.)
- ½ cup Panko bread (approx.)
- Seasonings (lemon pepper, season salt or to your taste)
- Rinse the filets & pat dry with paper toweling
- Mix the mustard & honey together – adjust to your taste with more honey or mustard.
- Mix the ground pecans & Panko crumbs together – may season with a dash of
- lemon pepper/ seasoning salt
- Brush the honey/mustard mixture onto the flesh side of the filet
- Coat the flesh side of the filets with pecan/bread crumbs
- Prepare frying pan with oil – depending on size of the pan, about 1/4 cup (I use coconut oil, it’s better for higher temps & has a very light taste)
- Make sure oil is hot before adding filets
- Fry filets skin side down until about 2/3 cooked through – this will only take a few minutes depending on size of filets
- Carefully turn filets over & finish cooking - careful not to burn the pecan crust
**Adjust recipe as needed if cooking more filets
Smoked Trout and Brie Breakfast Strata
- 1 (8-ounce) round Brie - cubed
- 1 (16-ounce) bread, cubed (I use Italian or French bread)
- 8 ounces smoked trout, skin removed and broken into pieces
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ cup diced red pepper or sliced green onions (optional)
- Trim rind from Brie, if desired; cut cheese into cubes.
- Layer bread, Brie, trout, and Parmesan in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, and seasoned salt; pour evenly over trout mixture.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 55 minutes or until set.
- Garnish, if desired
** Use half recipe for 8 x 8 pan – adjust baking time as needed
Recipes provided by Wilderness Springs Trout Farm
New London, WI