- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 piece of garlic
Dumpling wrappers: Can buy at Woodman’s, Asian store;
- Mix filling ingredients 1 to 9 thoroughly and stir in one direction.
- Put in vegetable oil and mix well.
- Place about 2 tsp of the mix in the middle of a wrapper, and seal the edges, use a bit of water on the edge.
- Put dumplings in an oiled (just enough to cover bottom of pan) non-stick skillet, tightly, add water till 1/3 height of dumpling, put cover on skillet.
- Medium heat about 8-10 minutes until all water gone, bottom of dumpling become golden.
2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
3 small garlic cloves, minced
½ cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup pine nuts or walnuts
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Put the pesto on mushroom tops, pasta, or a pizza crust. The pesto will also keep for a long time when frozen in an airtight container.