Candle blamed for starting bedroom fire

File photo.
File photo.
TWO RIVERS - A fire started when a candle burning on a dresser ignited some surrounding papers, Two Rivers firefighters say.

Firefighters were called to the 1100 block of Madison St. just after 10 a.m. Thursday when one of the homeowners called 911 to report smoke in a first-floor bedroom. Crews put out the fire within 15 minutes. The top of the dresser and a mirror were damaged in the fire, and there was smoke damage in the bedroom.

The damage totaled about $2,000.

No one was hurt.