ASHWAUBENON – This week’s Cooking With You guest is Trevor LaRene of Green Bay!
Trevor joined FOX 11’s Emily Deem to make some great summer dishes.
Tuna Steak Tacos on Cabbage/Lime/Jalapeno Slaw
1 tuna steak, approximately 1 inch thick
The juice of 1 lime
- Combine juice and spices in a shallow dish.
- Lay the tuna steak on the sauce.
- After 10 minutes, flip over.
- Prepare a non-stick skillet over med-high heat.
- When hot, spray with cooking spray.
- Remove steak, blot dry, and place in skillet.
- Turn after 1-2 minutes.
- Steak is done in another 1-2 minutes.
- Slice it into ¼ slices.
½ cup sour cream
2 tablespoon mayo
The juice of one lime
The zest of one lime
1 bag of pre-shredded cabbage
1 fresh jalapeno, minced
4-6 green onions, sliced, white and green parts
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together first four ingredients
- Mix in the cabbage, onion and jalapenos
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- This is better if you make it one day in advance.
Assemble the tacos:
Take soft wheat tacos, place slaw on it, and top with 2-3 slices of tuna. Garnish with lime juice or salsa verde.
Nutella Ice Cream
1 pint (500 mL) heavy whipping cream
1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Approx ¾ cup (250g) Nutella, at room temperature
- Place mixing bowl in freezer until cold.
- Pour cream and vanilla in bowl.
- When the cream starts to get a little foamy (less than 1 minute) start adding the Nutella, one helping tablespoon at a time.
- Mix thoroughly after each Nutella addition.
- When fully mixed, freeze for 2 hours (it will be soft-serve consistency) or 4 hour or more (for hard ice cream.
- Serve this is small bowls. It is VERY rich.
- I like to garnish with a dusting of instant coffee, or toasted coconut.