GREEN BAY – Heavy traffic is expected during Oshkosh’s EAA AirVenture this week.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation Office in Green Bay reminds drivers to expect heavy event traffic for EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh.
Traffic will be impacted starting Monday, July 28 through Sunday, August 3 on US 41 and surrounding roads and highways in Winnebago County.
Drivers are reminded to pay close attention to message boards and traffic control signs. US 41 traffic should be aware of the potential for traffic slowing down and/or stopping due to heavy traffic.
Events that are expected to impact travel to and from AirVenture:
- Wednesday night air show with fireworks
- Thunderbirds’ practice Friday
- Friday afternoon/evening with recreational, commuter and event traffic all using the highway
- Saturday Thunderbirds Air Show and Packers Family Night (expect very heavy traffic on freeway)
- Sunday Thunderbirds Air Show with events wrapping up by around 3 p.m.
The US 41 Project in Winnebago County is not expected to affect traffic during AirVenture.
There will be a single lane closure on US 41 between WIS 76 and County Road G– but there will be two, 12-foot lanes open at all times.
Due to AirVenture, there will be no work on the WIS 441 Tri-County Project.