Grand Chute fire displaces 4

File photo.
File photo.

GRAND CHUTE – Four people were displaced after a house fire Wednesday evening.

It happened just before 6:30 p.m. in the 1660 block of Kaylee Lane.

Fire department officials say three residents immediately evacuated while one attempted to put out the fire with a home fire extinguisher.

Officials say upon arrival, crews located and extinguished a fire in a small room of the basement.

Authorities say the fire was most likely caused by a dehumidifier in the home. The model has been recalled due to starting on fire.

One occupant was treated on scene for possible smoke inhalation.

Officials say the home sustained moderate fire damage in the room of origin and smoke damage throughout.

The investigation is still ongoing.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus