GREEN BAY – Attention boaters: Green Bay’s lift bridges will have restrictions on the Fourth of July.
Because of the Fire Over the Fox fireworks show, the Port of Green Bay will be closed to all boats – freighters and pleasure craft – from 2-11 p.m. on Friday. However, bridge tenders will have the option of opening the bridges at their discretion based on the following schedule:
- Mason Street Bridge: may open all day dependent on traffic and pedestrian conditions
- Walnut Street Bridge: may open all day dependent on traffic and pedestrian conditions
- Main Street Bridge:
- Midnight-9 a.m.: will open for all water craft
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m.: will not open for pleasure craft
- 2-11 p.m.: will not open for any water craft
- 11 p.m.-midnight (12:00 a.m.): will open for all water craft
Also, docking at the City Deck will not be allowed from 3-4:30 p.m. because of the Waterboard Warriors ski show. Docking will be allowed from 4:30 p.m.-midnight, but there is no overnight docking.