GREEN BAY – Culinary Specialist Eric Villegas stopped by the studio kitchen today to do a little cooking. He’s in town for the Taste of Home Cooking School at the Green Bay Distillery on Tuesday. The event will feature live recipe and product demonstrations and the guests will be allowed to sample food.
Villegas showed us how to prepare recipes featured in the June/July issue of Taste of Home.
Walking Tacos: Snip open a bag of Fritos and load it up with chili and toppings. Villegas suggests also trying it with Doritos or chips of your choice.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium chili seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 5 packages (1 ounce each) corn chips
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in chili seasoning mix, pepper, tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, cut open corn chip bags. Add beef mixture and toppings as desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Bacon-wrapped corn calls for only 3 ingredients: bacon, corn and chili powder. Villegas says it’s easy to make this recipe on the grill.
Chocolaty Nanaimo Bars don’t require any baking. Villegas says it’s a great treat to make when it’s too hot out to turn on the oven.
The event is at 6:30. Doors open at 6.
Green Bay Distillery is located at 835 Potts Avenue in Green Bay.
General admission tickets are $10 and includes a gift bag and digital subscription.
VIP Tickets are $55 and grants access at 5 PM on the patio at the Green Bay Distillery and includes a panel with local health and wellness professionals, backstage tour of the event, heavy appetizers, champagne, VIP seating, Taste of Home Healthy Cooking Cookbook, and a digital subscription to Taste of Home Magazine.
To purchase tickets, visit tasteofhome.com/cooking-schools.
Ticket sales from the Green Bay event will benefit MyTEAM TRIUMPH.