MUSCODA, Wis. (AP) – School officials say a possible gas leak has sickened several students and prompted an evacuation at Riverdale High School in Muscoda.
At least 10 of the students were taken to a Richland Center hospital Friday afternoon, while others complained of dizziness and nausea.
The problem came up around 1 p.m. Administrative assistant Carol Kratochwill tells Madison.com that school officials aren’t really sure what happened.
Muscoda firefighters and police officers went to the high school when the students started getting sick.
Kratochwill says all high school students were taken to the elementary/middle school building about a block away.
The high school serves about 150 students.