Kitchen fire damages Kaukauna home

File photo.
File photo.

KAUKAUNA – Inattentive cooking is being blamed for a house fire in Kaukauna.

Around 8:45 a.m. Thursday, firefighters say they were called to the 1600 block of Hillcrest Dr. When they arrived, light smoke was coming from the back of the house and the roof vent. All five people in the family were outside the house.

Firefighters who went inside found smoke throughout the house. They went into the kitchen and found a fire on the stove. Crews quickly put the fire out and ventilated the home to get rid of the smoke.

The fire caused an estimated $6,000 in damage to the stove, hood, cabinets and the wall behind the stove.

blog comments powered by Disqus