Police: Fire started with man falling asleep while smoking cigarette

File photo.
File photo.

OSHKOSH – A fire in an apartment started after a man fell asleep while smoking a cigarette, police say.

Firefighters were called to a complex in the 1300 block of Clayton Ct. just after 3 a.m. Friday for a report of a fire. Everyone in the complex got out safely, and the fire did not spread beyond the apartment where it started. Other residents were allowed back into their apartments around 5:30.

Police have referred a 28-year-old man to the district attorney’s office for possible charges.

blog comments powered by Disqus