MADISON – The University of Wisconsin System has named a committee to find the next UW-Oshkosh chancellor.
The 19-member committee will be searching for a replacement for Richard Wells, who has announced plans to retire at the end of August. Wells has lef UW-Oshkosh for 14 years.
The committee is set to meet for the first time at 1 p.m. next Monday. At that meeting, UW System president Ray Cross will officially charge the committee with its mission and give the committee direction.
The committee is expected to name at least five finalists. Those finalists will be considered by Cross and a special committee of the Board of Regents, consisting of regents Gerald Whitburn, Regina Millner, Margaret Farrow and Jose Vasquez.
A final hiring decision is expected in October, with the new chancellor taking over Jan. 1.
Members of the search committee are:
- Barb Rau, Professor, College of Business, Management and Human Resources (chair)
- Scott Beyer, Professor, College of Business, Finance and Business Law
- Larry Carlin, Professor, Philosophy
- Sharon Chappy, Professor, College of Nursing
- Kevin Crawford, Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Norlisha Crawford, Associate Professor, English
- Edwin Jager, Associate Professor, Art
- John Lemberger, Professor, Curriculum and Instruction
- Kim Rivers, Professor, History
- David Siemers, Professor, Political Science
- Jennifer Szydlik, Professor, Mathematics
- Darryl Sims, Director of Athletics, Intercollegiate Athletics
- Breck Speers, Senior Lecturer, English
- Paulette Feld, IS Network Support Technician, Polk Library
- Jill Reichenberger, University Services Program Associate, Recreation
- Nicole Lehto, Junior, International Studies/Economics
- Reginald Parson, Graduate Student, Public Administration
- Donald Mash, Executive Senior Special Assistant, President’s Office
- Petra Roter, Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs
- Kathi Seifert, Co-Chair, New North Inc.
- Elizabeth (Beth) Wyman, Board Member, UW-Oshkosh Foundation