Fire at Rustic Resort and Banquet Hall in Shawano Co.

SHAWANO COUNTY – A rural Shawano County business is believed to have been destroyed by fire Wednesday.

The fire happened shortly after 9 a.m. at the Rustic Resort and Banquet Hall between Shawano and Clintonville.

A woman inside the apartment suffered minor injuries.

Firefighters say no one else was in the building when crews got there.

Firefighters initially tried to put out the fire right away, but soon realized it was too dangerous.

“It was fully engulfed when we got here – and for the safety of the firefighters, we went to a defensive mode,” said Capt. Chuck Felts, Shawano Area Fire Department.

Several fire departments helped fight the blaze.

No word yet on what started it.

blog comments powered by Disqus